Wordless Wednesday: The Mythical Firewood Arrives

Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Since, I don't know, February, Andy's been planning out our firewood for this winter. We got a cord of firewood a couple months back which, in reality, was probably plenty to get us through this winter, but we'd also been planning on getting some un-split, uncut firewood to put up to dry for next year. It finally arrived today!

Approximately 4 cords of firewood. (For the record, we use between 2-3 cords a winter.)


The wood kind of instantaneously multiples as soon as it falls out of the truck.
Guess these two tools'll be getting a workout in the next couple weeks. We're going to be nice and toasty this winter, for sure.

5 comments:

  1. mmm... I love the smell of fresh cut firewood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crackling fire and dancing flames. well worked arm muscles. Sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I can still remember the pile of logs we always had in our garage at my parents house... Makes me feel cozy just thinking about the fireplace! We have one now, but its not a natural one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like that amount of wood should get you through the winter. "They" keep saying this winter is going to be worse than last year. Not sure I'm ready for that again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice toasty winter nights ahead for you! :)

    I'm a new follower from the blog hop:
    http://aworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails