Me and Garrison

Monday, January 10, 2011
You know what gets old?

Garrison Keillor comparisons.

I may have an English major.
I may have been born, raised, and still in Minnesota.
I might even happen to have a radio commentary. . .

But really? When you look at me, does this face really remind you this much of . . . .



. . . this face?



For the record:
I am not Lutheran,
or Scandinavian,
and I don’t live on the prairie.

I mean, while Garrison has a low, plotting sort of voice, I have a voice reminiscent of Minnie Mouse. We may both try to make time for poetry in our lives, but I do not share his love of “hillbilly” music. Also, if I were to hit it big with Of Woods and Words, I would never, ever, ever think of leaving my beloved Minnesota woods for the comforts, the posh-ness, the sense of elite that New York offers. I absolutely would not get a lovely flat in Greenwich Village and stew in my own success while consuming far too many Magnolia Bakery cupcakes.


Actually Greenwich Village is looking pretty good right now. I'll get back to you on that last decision.

1 comment:

  1. No, no comparison whatsoever. And you're so pretty, and your skin is flawless, like porcelain...what product do you use? I mean, really, your skin is terrific!
    That other guy, not so terrific skin.
    I like you better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails